Early Years Intent Statement
Through an experience-rich EYFS curriculum, our reception children receive the best start in their educational journey. By empowering pupils through our child-centered approach to learning, we ensure that they:
- Have good relationships with their peers and other members of the school community.
- Will be good communicators that use the ambitious vocabulary they have been exposed to.
- Have a developing resilience and confidence towards new challenges and experiences, demonstrating a positive attitude to learning.
- Understand and practise the school values, with respect being at the core.
- Be independent with their own self-care and have an awareness of how to be healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Read words and sentences accurately, using phonics as the prime approach, demonstrating comprehension about what they have read.
- Be independent in writing sentences, using phonics as a prime approach and in a Kinetic Letters style.
- Have a strong awareness and understanding of numbers to 10, solving a variety of problems.
By embedding these skills, we are confident that our amazing pupils will be ready for the challenges that await them in Key Stage 1.
“Play is the highest form of research.” Albert Einstein