Early Years Intent Statement
Through an experience-rich EYFS curriculum, our reception children receive the best start in their educational journey. By empowering pupils through our child-centered approach to learning, we ensure that they:
- Have good relationships with their peers and other members of the school community.
- Will be good communicators that use the ambitious vocabulary they have been exposed to.
- Have a developing resilience and confidence towards new challenges and experiences, demonstrating a positive attitude to learning.
- Understand and practise the school values, with respect being at the core.
- Be independent with their own self-care and have an awareness of how to be healthy, both mentally and physically.
- Read words and sentences accurately, using phonics as the prime approach, demonstrating comprehension about what they have read.
- Be independent in writing sentences, using phonics as a prime approach and in a Kinetic Letters style.
- Have a strong awareness and understanding of numbers to 10, solving a variety of problems.
By embedding these skills, we are confident that our amazing pupils will be ready for the challenges that await them in Key Stage 1.